How can I change the Security Level on a sub-task to be different from the parent? Now the edit screen says "The security level of subtasks is inherited from parents."
You can't do it. The child issue will always inherit the security level of the parent.
I want the parent to be visible to one group and the subtasks to be visible to a different group
Is this just a question about security level field or you want to achieve that different people have access to task and it's subtasks?
Ah, well, you can't do that with security levels, but what you could try is putting a user group picker on the issues and using that in a security level. That way, you can say "visible to group:" But it is an additional field.
You can try and prepare workaround to achieve this: 1. Create custom field Group_Name_x (Group Picker type) and add it to screens2. Add all groups with people whose are candidates to have access to browse permission (or to role and then this role to browse permission)3. Add Custom field Group_Name_x to security level. Be carefull and don't include people from groups for subtasks to this security level.4. Now you can add different values in Custom field Group_Name_x (when create/edit task or subtask)
Sorry, Nic. I didn't see your comment.
S'ok, you gave a set of instructions as well as the basic principles - that's a better answer for her :-)
Thank you both!!!
You can do it without using script is you add a Post Function 'If user is a member of the Internal Access role, set issue security level to Internal' at the Create Issue stage. I have also added a validator that states 'Only users with Edit Issues permission can execute this transition. ' as our clients do not have edit rights. This way all our sub-tasks stay internal.
Actually, that fails, as there is no security level on the sub-task.
Hi Nic, we have a security level called Internal and the only group with access to it is a group with internal users so it does work. Every sub-task created of a client specific log is automatically set with 'Internal' security level and it is only visible to internal users.
I've just tried it, it fails, unless the parent is internal as well. Because that's what JIRA uses.
Hmm, maybe below plugin is enabling this for us because it works in our system.
Anyhow, it works for us so I thought I will share.
Vote for this issue if you want to resolve change of sub-task security levels - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65857
Amazing! It's works for me. Now I can change group peaker value by automotion. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.