Here is my situation:
Example: The transition between Steps Open and Review is called "Send for Review"
What I want to do is say "If Phase = AB, assign to AB lead" and "If Phase = XY, assign to XY lead"
Where Phase is a custom field and where I have defined AB Lead, XY Lead (and other leads) in my project roles.
Is this possible? I want a post function that says something like "Assign to Role based on Custom Field value"
At present, the way I am solving it is by having (oh dear) 5 transitions that are nearly identical.
I have a conditions on each that says the transition can only be executed if the Phase = X and then a post function assining to Lead X.
Repeat this along the workflow (I'd like this between several steps, not just the Open and Review steps) and this means where I really need to create/maintain 5 or 6 transitions in a workflow I have...25 to 30 to manage. It's less than ideal.
(I do know I could do this by creating a component and assigning to the component lead - this doesn't work for us because our projects use multiple components with multiple leads and JIRA doesn't handle this well (no way to ask "assign to which component lead?")
This doesn't seem like a super uncommon use case to me, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something really simple (it's been known to happen!)
Thanks muchly for any help.