For each status in my workflow, how do I get the time it move into a status and the the time that it moved out of that status?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You will need to read the issue history - that contains "status changed from X to Y" records with date and time stamps on them.
When I export the issues, there isn't a column with that data in it
No, it's not a field, it's a line in the history, which isn't part of the Jira exports to CSV/Spreadsheet.
You'll need to read the history another way - either a custom field that can read the history and expose it, or creating a report that can read the history.
Ok, sounds like I need a custom field that populates the date and time when an issue transitions IN TO a Status and another custom field the populates the date and time when it transitions out of a status.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.