None I've seen posts where they claim they have 1M issues in their JIRA instance. One of the biggest JIRA Instances I support/maintain have 600k issues and it performs pretty well.
Are you concerned about JIRA performance on high issue counts? If yes, then issue count should not be on your list to check.
Any answer that anybody gives you without knowing what kind of hardware we are talking about is clearly just making things up. Things like number of CPUs, disk speeds, disk types, network connectivity, whether your database is local or provided by a service, and on and on and on – in general, hardware matters.
That said, I can offer the following data points that may be helpful for guessing:
Performance problems in JIRA generally arise from the complexity of the configuration rather than the sheer volume of issues. Custom fields with various configurations, a large number of issue security schemes, and nested groups across multiple user directories are all things that, though they are powerful and flexible, do not come for free. Reducing the complexity of your configuration will generally be much more important than reducing the number of issues.
we see the QuickCreateIssue endpoint take 1.3 seconds...is that poor performance? we have ~600k issues.
and yes security rules. how do we measure that impact?
Anecdotally, I would say that users tend to start getting slightly annoyed somewhere in the 0.5 - 1 second range, pretty irritated in the 1-3 second range, and completely furious in the 3-5 second range, after which they tend to start giving up or hitting refresh multiple times even though that is actually more likely to make things worse.
There are definitely pages in JIRA that are not well behaved (the bulk edit/move wizards and several of the admin pages come to mind). QuickCreateIssue is not one of those. I think performance problems have been noticed for it on systems with large numbers of projects, custom field configurations, etc., but I don't know the details offhand.
In any case, I think it's likely that my general answer probably applies to your situation. The number of issues that exist should have no appreciable impact on QuickCreateIssue's performance; that is almost certainly going to be due to the sheer complexity / number of administrative configurations you have in place.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.