We completed the migration of our Confluence instance to a new server. We exported the confluence xml and successfully loaded it onto the new instance (on CentOS and MySQL).
After completing the import process through the Setup Wizard, when trying to launch and go to the Login page, we get the following error:
org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'isShowSignUp' in class com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.LoginAction threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null at /login.vm[line 6, column 28]
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Application cannot be null
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:204)
As a note, it is worth to mention that the original instance was integrated with Crowd, but the new instance/server will not. I am not sure if that may be related to this error, but it is another variable to consider
I am new to the administration aspect of Confluence, so I will appreciate if someone could please steer me in the right direction to find the cause of the problem.
Thanking you for your help.
-Idelso