Before I begin, I should note that this is something couldn't do with TFS so I'm not holding my breath on this...
Some people, like AMs, would like to mark issues with a customer or customers affected by an issue. They use this for tracking so they know what the state of all things related to a particular client.
Ideally, I'd like a searchable drop down which someone can type in either the customers name or our customer code (a 4 letter shorthand for a particular client)
For instance, Account McManager can type in "wal" and they'd see the options for "Wallymart - WALM", "Walgreenz - DRUG", "Washington Law Services - WALS" and they could select the appropriate customer and the work item would have a label that would be the customer code. If I could dictate a list of approved labels for this field, that would work as well.
Anyone doing anything like this? If so, how? Thanks.