I have a custom field that I am sorting by in my filter which contains text. The issue is the filter is sorting by alphabetical order and not by criteria I would like. Is there a way to add an additional criteria to JQL? filtering for a custom ranking and its text based fill in field
Sorting a text field is of little value generally speaking. What criteria are you wishing to sort by?
Hi I have the output going to a Jira google sheet integration so sorting the text field which should be a drop down is key to get the visual in the right order.
Hi Clara, sorry I'm still not understanding here. Let's take the following example...
Here is some text in my text field.
Today I went swimming before work.
I have a new puppy ani I named her Pepper.
Now I want to sort this field. What criteria would I sort by other than alphabetical or reverse-alphabetical?
Is it possible that you are wanting to "filter" rather than "sort"?
The text field uses priority ratings very high, high, medium,low, very low. I do have a filter that I want to sort on that custom field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.