Hi,
Looked through the comments and don't know if this has been answered.
I'm creating a CSV template for some analysts, they would need to fill it and I then do a bulk upload to Jira.
I want to upload them as defects. The issue I'm facing is:
I have a label when filling out a defect and I want to select one of the options, so for example I have a label called 'Label A' and it has 3 options in a list.
In the excel file I put the top row as 'Label A' and under it for one of the entries I put the full name of one of the options on JIRA, for example 'Option A'. But I write this in the excel file as : Option A
But after uploading it does not recognise this and returns a validation error.
This is the same for a tick box label, for e.g. 'Label B'
I put the label heading in to excel and put the text of one of the label options in the excel file, but it still returns a validation error...?
However any text that I put up, (Something that requires free text and is not a multiple option) like for example 'Summary', I would put any random text e.g. 'abcd', and this will validate fine.
So my question is, what am I doing wrong with the way I'm formatting my CSV for when I upload answers to multiple choice parts of a defect....?
This is the defect on JIRA that I'm trying to upload for:
image2015-7-3 10:53:42.png
Scope Type for example is a multiple choice tickbox, this is what I have in the csv file that I upload:
image2015-7-3 10:55:3.png
However after uploading and mapping in JIRA it comes back with a validation error.
____________________________________________________________________________________
After uploading a csv file from notepad like this:
image2015-7-3 15:14:46.png
I still have this validation error....
:
image2015-7-3 15:14:27.png