Hi,
We have been keen to implement the Localize integration with Statuspage for some time and recently was able to progress this.
I took note of the Localize and Atlassian help pages
I ran into difficulty when it came to making this a pragmatic feature for use with our Statuspage use-case as:
- The 'autoapprove' initialisation option was not able to be used successfully - this should publish new phrases to be machine translated and moved automatically to the published queue. Without this every new phrase requires manual approval in the Localize tool.
- Upon looking for a workaround there were no more Atlassian Localize project accounts left which meant I was the only person in my org to have the ability to manually approve translations.
I had logged this with support which confirmed the Localize initialisation options are pre-defined in code un-editable by Statuspage users and there were no further Localize accounts left (meaning I would have to purchase a project directly with Localize).
I also requested help with creating a feature request in relation to the 'autoapprove' option (STATUS-330).
I am really keen to get this working however for a tool with a primary aim to speed up publishing of incident notifications the implementation of the Localize here is not currently practical for us.
I was wondering if:
- Any information could be shared on the future for this integration (is it still a trial, will it be expanded)?
- Has any other customer in this forum had a similar experience?
- Are there any workarounds/fixes or other ways to go about achieving the same outcome that are not mentioned above?
Many thanks!