I am trying to follow these instructions for running Confluence behind Apache on Windows:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf54/confluence-administrator-s-guide/configuring-a-confluence-environment/web-server-configuration/running-confluence-behind-apache/using-apache-with-mod_proxy
It says I need to edit httpd.conf but that file does not exist on my server. Do I need to create it?
httpd.conf
There's always an httpd.conf file in an Apache installation, but it's location is up to you - where did you install Apache?
I didn't... the Confluence installer installed it for me.
I've searched the entire computer for httpd.conf and no file is found...
Ah. No, it did not install Apache.
It installed "Apache Tomcat" as the "container" for Confluence - you run Tomcat, it runs Confluence for you. Apache is a different application - it's a web-server, not an application container.
You'll need to download and install Apache if you want to use it for fronting Confluence. As you're installing on Windows, you might already have IIS which can do the same job, especially if you have any IIS experts on hand in your organisation.
Ah, that makes sense. But sadly no IIS experts around here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.