Hi,
I try to create a ticket in JIRA using PRTG alerts. For that I am using the "Mail Handler" and I use the "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" option. It works fine for creating the ticket but for adding a comment I have a problem.
When I have an alert in PRTG that a sensor is down, it will create an email with a subject of the description of the alert and this email will be handled by JIRA and it will create an issue with an issue key. But when the sensor is then up, it will also create an email and JIRA will create another issue.
What I am trying to do is to get the issue key created when the sensor was down and add it to the email subject when the sensor goes up so that "Mail Handler" can add a comment instead of creating a new issue.
Here is an example:
I get this alert:
"ALERT: sensor 125 down" --> It then creates an issue in JIRA with issue key: AL-4
I then get another alert:
"ALERT: sensor 125 up" --> It creates another issue in JIRA with issue key: AL-5
And I want to create this email subject:
"ALERT: sensor 125 up - AL-4" --> So that the Mail Handler detect the issue key and add a comment instead of creating a new issue.
Any ideas how I could do that or if it is even possible ?