hi
Is JIM upgraded to import issue links via CSV ? I am interested in importing 2 items with 'relates to' issue linking between them. (I looked at the available faq in the forum, but did not find any option other than jelly)
Please help.
Hey,
It's possible - we have just release to marketplace JIM 6.2.20 which allows to import/create Issue links via CSV. It's available for both CSV admin and non-admin importer. You can install this version of JIM to JIRA 6.2+ and it will be by default bundled with JIRA 6.4+
I'm afraid we do not have available docs for this process yet, but it's really similar to import of SubTasks: You need to map one column as Issue ID, and the other as desired link (e.g. "Link 'relates to'"). The 'Link' column need to have a value corresponding to other issue 'Issue Id' value or it needs to be an issue key of already existing issue. For example:
Summary,Issue Id,Link One,Link One,Link Two House , 1, 2, 3, 2 Patio , 2, , , Garden , 3, TEST-1, ,
The file above would create three issues with correctly created issue links:
Currently not possible, but soon, see https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-640
I didn't expect it so soon: +1
I have two existing issues [ RJM-169 (Foo-1) and RJM-170 (Foo-2) ]. My import csv has
RJM-170
After the import, my expectation is to see both RJM-169 and RJM-170 are showing issues links 'blocks' to each other. But instead, a new item RJM-171 is created, which has RJM-169 as External ID and RJM-170 as the 'Blocked' link. Please help to understand this better.
My requirement is to create links between EXISTING ITEMS ONLY. I don't want to create new items.
image2015-2-19 16:12:33.png
thanks
R
Unfortunately the non-admin CSV Importer is securely designed and it only allows to create new issues. If you'd like to update existing issues, you will need to use the admin CSV Importer available in External System Import menu in system settings.
Hi, I am using the admin External Importer. Is there anything else that I may be missing ?.
In that case, CSV Importer identifies the issue that you'd like to update by Issue Key mapping. If your CSV file looks like the table that you have posted in this answer then please map it this way: - Summary -> Summary - Issue Id -> Issue Key - Blocks -> Link 'blocks' This way imorter will update the issue that is pointed by 'Issue Key' mapping.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.