I would like to be able to add a note/reminder/update to the Team on our Dashboard as a reminder. Similar to adding a sticky note to a physical board. Are there any gadgets that would allow you to do so?
I found a band aid. I use the Activity Stream Gadget. Configure it to look at a specific Ticket for the Open details.
The ticket is written with a specific Title and Description so that I can then display the "Notes" I need.
I am going to try changing it to look at the Updates for a specific Date to see if I can just recycle the same ticket for the "Notes" I want displayed on the Dashboard.
Hi @David Hansen
With out-of-the-box gadgets you could try the Wallboard Spacer gadget, and then rename it to your text.
If you need a better, plain text gadget please take a look at the marketplace for addon apps.
Kind regards,Bill
It is true that you can use some options as a band aid, although it is a pity that there is no "Text" gadget on default Jira dashboards.
That is one of the pain points that our commercial solution solves, Dashboard Hub for Jira and for Confluence. It offers a "Text" gadget to easily add notes on dashboards, with many format options. I created an example for you so you could see it!
Other features include +70 gadgets, pre-defined templates, external share, custom charts, different chart types, and more.
Hope it helps, feel free to try Dashboard Hub for free if you like it!
Iván García, Product Marketing Manager
I dont see any way to rename a wallboard spacer.
When your dashboard is in edit mode, add the wallboard spacer, and select the ... menu and Rename.
Are you using the on prem version or the cloud version?
Because I do not see the option to rename in the on prem version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.