I can write a filter that says "id in (em-878, em-1086,em-894, em-1087)" and that's fine. But is there a way to write it so I can type in the items in the list when I execute the filter?
Something like this:
id in (GetUserInput())
No, because there's not a lot of point. The simple filtering allows you to do filtering without much complexity, and if you're going to start typing advanced queries, then you're already typing and you're probably clever enough to know you want to do more than that, so you might as well use the text in front of you.
Although for that particular query (a list of issues), you could use the Jira Toolkit, add an "issue searcher" field and then you can type in an arbitrary list of issue ids into it in the simple search.
Thanks. That was my guess.
But you mention the "Issue Searcher" field. That reminds me that I have the plugin and tried it. I added the field and added it as a navigator column. But I don't see the field to enter the IDs into.
Go into the simple search and look for <whatever you called the field>
I go to search.
I see these buttons:
Project/All Issue Type/All Status/All Assignee/All Contains text +More Criteria
I use +More Criteria to add my field 'Multi Issue Search' and it has an "All" dropdown.
When I click the All drop down nothing happens.
The field is of the type "Multi Issue Key Searcher"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.