We are on JIRA Server and have ScriptRunner.
I'm trying to make it so that when a user is looking at an issue, when they are in To Do and click on the In Progress button (not while they are in an edit screen), if there is no assignee for that issue, then it prevents them from going to in progress.
In editing the workflow, I've:
- gone into Add Condition to Transition
- selected "Allows the transition if this query matches a JQL query [ScriptRunner]"
- used this JQL query:
assignee is not empty
- Done the preview and it seems to work that way
But when I'm looking at the issue, I see that there is no assignee, and I click on the In Progress button, it still allows the issue to transition.
I've also tried with a validator, using the Simple Scripted Validator option and this condition:
issue.assignee != ""
That didn't work either.
What am I doing wrong?