I have an epic with issues and I wanted to know if I can split those issue into sub tasks. So far is not doable
Hello @Carlos Navarro Leon
Welcome to the community.
Jira has a built in issue type called Sub-tasks, and supports creation of Sub-tasks under issues. Note that Sub-tasks can be created only as children of other issues. Sub-tasks are not independent issues.
The Sub-task issue type must be available as an issue type for your project. Check with your project administrator to find out if it is. If it is not, ask your project administrator to have it added.
Hi @Carlos Navarro Leon ,
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.
Follow this guide to create a subtask or convert issues to subtask etc. - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-an-issue-and-a-sub-task/.
If you are working as Jira Admin then, please look into this configuring subtask - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-sub-tasks/.
@Carlos Navarro Leon - Please accept the answer(s) if it has solved your query as it can be referenced for future and helps the community.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.