I need to add a custom field to a subtask, and make that field being filled out mandatory for the subtask to be completed. Can someone please assist?
Is this field mandatory on create of your subtask or only on closing (resolving). If first:
if second
The field needs to be completed before the issue can be closed (second option). Would you mind going into more detail regarding how I actually add the custom field to the subtask? That is what I'm having trouble doing, as I don't seem to be able to do it in the same way I can add the field to a parent task. Thank you.
Create a screen containing this field Edit your workflow - > go to the Close transition -> edit that transition Add that screen to that transition Now add a validator to taht transition (Field required validator - use your field) Publish your workflow See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-validators and https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+validators+with+custom+fields
Thank you so far. Sorry for all the questions, I'm usually pretty good at this. But I've been dropped in the middle of someone else's project and it's kind of a nightmare to sift through. If I am working with a workflow thats already been created, how can I swap out the screen in use for one of mine?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.