Hi,
We are using JIRA 4.3.3. We had a certain requirement for a particular project in our JIRA application that requires an existing issue type of that project to be renamed to a new one. To be more specific, I have a project with key ORA. I have a particular issue type - Request. I need to change the name to - Defect. However, I cannot directly rename the issue type Request as it is also being used in other projects. I need this change for ORA project only. So, I chose to make a new issue type scheme containing the new issue type. When I selected the new issue type scheme on the project, the application informed me that there are around 7000 issues in ORA request which have to be mapped to a new type since the new issue type scheme does not contain Request issue type. On the next screen, I selected the new issue type as Defect. Now, clicking on Next button lead to a processing that took about 1.5 days !! That too did not actually migrate the issues but showed me customfields where i can select to retain the values. This activity was done on our QA server and needs to be done on the Production application. My concern is that it is not feasible for us to give a downtime of the application for 2 days depending on how long this activity takes place on the production. Is this the most efficient way to migrate the issue type or is there an alternative way like bulk move that may take less time. Can you guide us if this is the only way taking into consideration the constraint of downtime that we have.