Following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-on-linux-143556824.html
I get the following issue with step 2.2 ($ sudo ./atlassian-confluence-X.X.X-x64.bin) :
Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... /.../confluence/atlassian-confluence-6.0.6-x64.bin.14497.dir/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I couldn't find anything either in the knowledge base nor in the forum.
Hi Omid did you try 6.5 if you experienced the same issue? Did you stand in the same path as the installer?
Hi,
I could not find confluence 6.5, I tried 6.0.5 though but it has the same issue. Do I perhaps need to install java manually despite using the installer?
What do you mean by "Did you stand in the same path as the installer?" ?
If you have the installer in /tmp and stand in /tmp and execute the installation.
cd /tmp/sudo ./atlassian-confluence-X.X.X-x64.bin
Can you evaluate yourself to root? "sudo su -". Do you run into the same issues?
I put the installer in a folder called "confluence". these are the commands I use:
cd confluence sudo chmod a+x atlassian-confluence-6.0.5-x64.bin sudo ./atlassian-confluence-6.0.5-x64.bin
Elevating myself to su does not work, due to server restrictions.
This should work I tried your setup locally on my server. Must be something non-standard with your server setup. Tricky... Do you have anything that could interfere with extraction of the files or so? Something in your PATH/installed already OpenJDK for example?
I checked for Java via $JAVA_HOME but I got no result. I checked manually in /usr/lib/ and there is also no trace of Java.
If all that seems ok, I will contact the server host, maybe they will know more.
According to the server hoster, Confluence can not be installed due to missing privileges, which can not be changed.
So basically you doft get real sudo. Sorry to hear hope you can host it somewhere eller.
Br, Niclas
Hi Omid, I am also getting the same error while upgrading the confluence version, May I know the solution to fix the issue?
Hi, unfortunately I did not find solution.
Same here, I did upgrade manually. It is not too complicated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.