I created over 100 issues in one epic and I'd like to view all issues of those that I assigned to one particular person.
New to Jira.
Hello @Mary Beth Russo
Welcome to the community.
Are you working with Jira Server/Data Center or Jira Cloud?
Here is the link to the documentation concerning searching for issues:
- on Jira Server/Data Center: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/searching-for-issues-939938681.html
- on Jira Cloud: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-issues-in-a-project/
You need to go to Filters > Advanced Issue Search to execute a search for the issues.
assignee = <the assigned person>
...gets you ALL issues assigned to a person. If you want to find the issues only from one Epic that are assigned to that person then you would do this for issues in a Company Managed project on Jira Cloud or a project on Jira Server/Data Center
assignee = <the assigned person> and "Epic Link" = <issue key for the Epic>
If you are working in Jira Cloud and with a Team Managed projects, in the above you would substitute "Parent" for "Epic Link".
This is great thank you so much. I never had looked under "advanced issue search".
I don't know what I'm using (Cloud, etc.), I was given access as a freelancer to help a large company and Jira has changed since I've used it. Don't know how to check to see what I'm using...
But I think I'm good with the answer to my question so far. Thanks for the quick response.
If you are using a Jira Cloud instance, the URL will be likely be https://<something>.atlassian.net.
If you are accessing a Server/Data Center instance, then in the footer of many of the pages you see a version number for the version of Jira.
Right, ok, I'm using Cloud. Thanks. Will note for future support tickets, I just submitted another question to the community
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.