Hi all,
I need a custom field named "Visible for" and give permission to some project roles to assign people to that issue. It will work like a security schema but the asignee process is much more simplified and no need project admin involment. Is it possible?
Actually I found more elegant solution. I created a custom multiple user field "Visible for" and applied security level schema with security level "User Custom Field Value" where I chose my "Visible For field". A added all the users to that project (ok, custom group, just our company users without customer and set that security level by default for that project.
It is possible but with a little workaround. Since there is no field level security in JIRA, use a workflow transition to set that values on that custom field. You can restrict the workflow transition to selected project roles.
The custom field can then be used in the permission schemes.
Hi,
Can you explain me more, with example?
Not sure how I can explain more.
For each of the step, there are explanation in the administrator guide on how to do this.
Hi @Jobin Kuruvilla ,
When i have added the answer, I haven't seen your answer
Thanks for explanations, but i have demanded it to @Alex Suslin not to you.
I will review and try Jobin's solution tomorrow. Now I can share some expample with you:
1. Sale guy create an issue with type (lead)
2. He/she add some people to the field "Visible For" to colaborate on that lead together. Noone except that sale guy and people who are metioned in the "Visible For" field are able to view that issue. (in fact there will be some top managers and groups that will be able to see that issue either, but that is out of my question, at least for now)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.