Hi guys
I've gotten my hands on a test installation of the new Portfolio 2.0 - exciting stuff!
Among other things I'm happy to see that the synchronization now supports issue ranking.
I've experimented with creating epics and adding stories to them. Whenever I change ranking on the stories in JIRA the rank changes accordingly in Portfolio, and vice versa. So far, so good.
On epics it's another thing, though.
Whenever I re-rank an epic, the resulting synchronization doesn't seem to happen correctly. E.g. if I "top rank" an epic in Portfolio, it doesn't get top rank in JIRA, neither in the epics panel in planning mode nor in my "epic kanban board" (which I created for testing purposes) This apparent error also happens when changing epic rank in JIRA.
The epic ranking usually does change in one system when I change it in the other, but not to match the order in the system where the original change took place...it changes to an order which does not make immediate sense to me...
NOTE: The story ranking is always correct when I rerank an epic - e.g. if I move an epic to top rank in Portfolio, the epic's stories get moved to the top of the JIRA backlog (but the epic itself does not get moved to top rank)
Am I using the system in a way unintended?
I assumed that if I changed the rank of an epic, all of its children would be reranked accordingly (which they do), as well as the epic itself (which it doesn't) - but maybe I'm wrong.
I'd be happy to provide more information if it helps clear things up.
If I'm using Portfolio wrong I'd love some hints as to recommended use regarding the handling of epic ranking 
Regards,
Erik Lassen