Hi,
I created a new issue type for an existing project that will require a different workflow and different set of fields from the other issues. But I am still having trouble with fields appearing in the new issue type that I dont want there. Here the steps I took to do this:
1. Created the new issue type
2. Created the new workflow
3. Associated the new issue type with the workflow and added the new workflow to the projects current workflow scheme
4. Created new screens and screen schemes
5. Associated the new screens and screen schemes to the issue type
6. Created new field configuration and added new field configuration to the projects current field configuration scheme
Here is where I am running into the issue, a field called Summary is not shown when I go to create the a ticket using the new issue type but it keeps saying its required in order for the ticket to be created. I dont want this field to be a part of the ticket, however, when i go to the new field configuration I see that it is already marked as required and there is no option to make it optional.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Lina