I want to use the issue collector to provide a simple way for customers to create issues without signing into the service desk.
I created a testuser (without assigning a license) and created an issue using the issue collector.
Unfortunately, the issue is always mapped to the default author.
When I try the same thing using a licensed user, it works.
Why do I need to be a licensed user to automatically match the email address to a user?
I noticed also, that I cannot assign a non-licensed customer as default author for issues. I don't want to assign a real user as default author to avoid confusion, but I don't want to "burn" a license only to have a dummy user.
With a non-licensed user as default, I receive the following error:
Sie können derzeit keine Vorgänge erstellen, da dafür Zugriff auf eine Jira-Anwendung erforderlich ist. Um Zugriff auf eine Anwendung zu erhalten, müssen Sie Mitglied einer Gruppe sein, die einer Anwendung zugewiesen ist.
translation:
You cannot create issues, because you have to have access to a jira application.