Hello! I work for an organization called the HathiTrust Research Center, and years ago it was decided to use a Confluence Wiki space as our user documentation (I know that Confluence is not designed for purposes necessarily beyond internal development documentation, but I was not part of the team then!). In any case, I serve as the UX Specialist for this org and I want to reorganize our user documentation from an informational architectural perspective -- that is, I want to rearrange our wiki documentation "home page" and it's layout, and also reorganize where site sections and pages live. Do you have any recommendations for how to best go about this? I am approaching this project as a redesign of our Wiki, for the benefits of our users, and so that they can more easily and intuitively find the pages they are looking for in our Confluence wiki. Can I do all this in the original space we have set up for our documentation? Would I be able to do this over the course of a few days, or even a couple weeks, without jeopardizing users' current access to that space as I redesign (i.e., if I don't publish my changes until I've complete my redesign, they will still have access to all the documentation, correct?) -- and if I don't publish my changes, and one of our internal devs updates something on that space and publishes, the two users' changed content will not interfere with one another?
These are just some of the q's that have come to my mind -- if you have other ideas of concerns for this type of project I haven't mentioned, please let me know about those as well!
Thank you!
Jennifer