We upgraded Confluence from 5.8.10 to 5.10.6. The Pocket Query is now throwing an error on the affected pages. The error reads "Error rendering macro 'pocketquery' : null". When reviewing the Pocket Query configuration, everything is showing as "null". I cannot delete these or add anything new. When I click the trash can they don't actually delete. Please advise on how this can be resolved.
Thank you,Allen
Confluence Error null.png
I work with Allen. Here's some additional information.
We've tried reinstalling PocketQuery, but upon re installation we still see the null queries and database.
2016-10-11 10_20_37-PocketQuery Administration - Medseek Confluence.png
We were able to fix the issue.
Here are my notes, incase someone in the future has the same issue.
We deleted all references to pocket query admin inside confluence database bandana table where bandana context = scandio
Then we uninstalled PocketQuery 2.1.2 and reinstalled 2.1.1.
Then we restored from our pocketquery backup.xml
Hi everybody,
I'm really sorry, somehow I didn't see this question earlier. Let me guess: you upgraded to Confluence 5.10.6? This is the single Confluence version that has a bug with Bandana:
Atlassian fixed this issue in Confluence 5.10.7 and released that version quite fast. I would consider 5.10.6 not a production version because of that issue.
I worked around this issue in PQ 2.1.1 which is the only version that works with Confluence 5.10.6. You can use this version as long as you're on 5.10.6. But I'd recommend to upgrade to a higher version, since there might soon be more problems with third party add-ons using Bandana.
Also: there is no need to do deletion or import/export. All the data is actually there, even if you see all those nulls. 5.10.6 simply won't allow the add-on to retrieve the data.
Regards, Felix
Hi All,
What was the solution to it? We're on Confluence 5.10.6 and just updated PocketQuery.
Thanks,
Boris
The issue got resolved once we upgraded Confluence to 5.10.8
Please see my answer from Oct 15. If you have Confluence 5.10.6, please use PocketQuery 2.1.1. Otherwise, use 2.1.2. Confluence 5.10.6 has a bug that caused PocketQuery to break.
Thanks. We upgraded to the latest version of Confluence and are fine now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.