Is there any plugin/ workaround avaiable to limit the visibility of attachments to a specific group/ role when attaching files? This should go similary as when adding comments.
This is the exact request in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3893, which has not yet been addressed.
There isn't anything like that as of yet. You can try adding a subtask to the issue with the attachment and limiting the visibility of that subtask to create the same effect.
Writing of customizing JIRA to support this is always possible, but from a developer perspective, and experience, is unlikely to prove profitable/worthwhile. Wonder if the Atlassian 'bounty' https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/30948/we-re-introducing-a-new-bounties-feature-in-answers-how-should-it-work might change that?
Our requirement is to hide certain attachments from the client. They are usually internal documents/ source code snippet files that should not be seen by the client. That's why we are so worried about this.
Well, As you can see, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3893 is still open, meaning to implement you will have to customize yourself and maintain yourself, or get someone to help out.
An alternative to workaround the limitation: If its snippets or confidential info, you should use Comment Visibility: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Commenting+on+an+Issue Anything thats a document, I would say do not put in JIRA as it is not secured and requires a customization to fix, if you needed to, why not link to a discussion page, eg, Confluence or if you must, HideBlunt (sharepoint)?!
I have a similar issue, which I'm thinking I may be able to solve with a plugin. My client requirement is to hide issue comments to all except members of a specific group or role.
Hi Sameera. Not sure if you are still looking but I have a plugin called Document Vault (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.redmoon.jira.documentvault) which is an independant attachment system where access can be limited to users in a particular group and/or the reporter/assignee of an Issue. I think this would meet your requirements. I am also open to suggestions if it doesn't.
That plug-in looks perfect, alas for Server instances only.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.