On a test server, I've installed Confluence 4.1.7 and we have a test Crowd instance of 2.4.1. I imported or production data from backup (same versions) into the applications on the test servers. I also have a test JIRA, Bamboo, and Fisheye installation that all can authenticate with the test Crowd instance. After the import I had to go into the database and modify the user password for the admin account and was able to login with that. I setup the Crowd internal Directory and synchronized this directory. I shut down Confluence, changed the crowd.properties file (to use the test crowd) and the seraph-configh.xml file to use the CrowdSSO authenticator. When I started up again I was no longer able to login with any of the accounts. The same accounts are working for my other tools (JIRA, Fisheye, Bamboo, and even Crowd), but not for Confluence. I checked to make sure I had the correct versions of the crowd-integration-xxx.jar files in my Confluence lib directory, but I still can't get it to authenticate against crowd. When attempting to login I get the following message in my Confluence atlassian-confluence.log: [http-8443-3] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] login login : 'confadmin' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie. When I looked up this error for other people it wasn't the same setup so it didn't relate.