How do you import a multi page document and have each page create a child page in Confluence? Looking to have a main page with a Table of Content and link to each page of the document.
Have you looked at using Word import? You can break on predefined headings, for exmaple, breaking each heading 1 to a new page.
You can then use the child page macro to create your ToC, but you already have the same thing in the left-hand navigation pane.
Hi Bill, thanks for your response. I have tried the Word import but when I import a word document I do not get the option to choose the option to break out. I read online it is available but my option is to only import and that goes to one page. Am I missing permissions?
First a sanity check. Does your Word document have headings formatted with the built-in formats, Heading 1, Heading 2, etc? If your headings were manually formatted, but say their style is normal, the import function won't detect the headings.
Second, if you do have the correctly formatted Word document, please send a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to import the document.
Looks like the "Import Word Document: Configuration" form is NOT opening at all and this functions are not appearing. The imported document loads as one page immediately.
@Bill Bailey Can you please specify what conditions need to be matched to allow users to configure the word document import as shown on the image?
Otherwise please investigate the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.