Hi all,
we have two Confluences instances. Both have multiple spaces.
I am trying to figure out a possible workflow to do the following:
Export parts of space A in instance A and import it to a new space B in instance B (and re-import to then existing space B at regular intervals).
I have looked into export options and found that you can configure a custom XML export under Space tools > Content tools > Export which yields in a ZIP file with the exported data. So far so good.
But how do I import this data?
I have read multiple articles in the documentation and I must say it is somewhat confusing.
I have found two options for import:
Option 1:
Go to target space B > Space tools > Content tools > Import.
Specify the import directory.
-> Does not work as expected. Error message says that directory does not exist or cannot be accessed.
Option 2:
Go to target instance B > General Configuration > Backup & restore
With this option, I am at a loss what to do exactly, because I cannot specify the target space I want to import to and also because it says that importing a space with overwrite ALL Confluence spaces, pages and users in my target instance. This is of course not what I want. So I haven't tried this out yet.
Also, I am not sure what the so called export file is. Is it the ZIP file I exported earlier or is it one specific file from this package?
Does anyone have an idea on how this could be accomplished?
Thanks and best regards!