Currently, once project lead is assigned, all the open tickets automatically get assigned to him/her.
We do have multiple help areas and each help area has its respective assignee. Any way to assign each assignee depending on the help area?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Jira does have some automatic assignee functionality - the projects have a simple setting at the top level for defaulting to either unassigned or the project lead.
If you're defining your "help area" with components, you can go further. Components can have a "component lead" assigned, and have new issues default to being assigned to the component lead.
If Components isn't for you, then you'll need to start looking at Automations ore scripting.
Thank you for the information. Btw, I am having three different help area as you see below, so I created each area as component and assigned component lead respectively.
When I submitted a test ticket, it doesn't show the assignee for each component. Would you please explain why? Maybe something missing at my end?
How are you "creating each area as a component"?
I just created them clicking 'Create component' button and designated assignee as needed. Maybe I am wrong. Please instruct me the right way to do. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.