How can I add a custom filed value to the sub-task view on the parent's issue?
When I go to advanced settings, jira.table.cols.subtasks, I can only add common/ constant fields like reporter, status.
And when I go to the documentation, I cannot see an option to add custom fields there.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/configuring-sub-tasks-749383568.html#Configuringsub-tasks-subtaskssectionConfiguringsub-taskfieldsdisplayedonparentissues
Thanks in advance.
I know it's frustrating that the answer is usually a plugin, but we use a plugin called Issue Matrix which is excellent for this purpose. You can configure your own panel views, including project-specific contexts, can have multiple issue matrix panels on an issue (like linked issues, sub-tasks, issues in epics, and custom ones), and you can sort the results, color code, and pull the matrix tables into dashboard views.
I was definitely expecting to see this feature on a regular JIRA configuration. I agree that's frustrating that the answer for it is a plugin.
But the workaround you mention is also very good, really appreciate your help on this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.