I have a link to an anchor (#sometext) and the displayed text is sometext. (anchor ID without #). If I search 'sometext' there is no result. What's the problem?
Indexing works for normal words.
Hi Péter,Actually Confluence doesn't index anchor words, only normal words and links.Cheers,WZ
In addition to Will's answer, in this doc, you can find some additional information on how the indexing is working: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-index-administration-148844.html
Cheers,
Giu
You might misunderstand me. There is a page, where I declare an anchor, ID is sometext. I created a link to this anchor from other page: Link: page#sometext Link text: sometext My requirement: searching to sometext will find other page, because link text is sometext. It works. (tick) I created a link this anchor on the same page: Link: #sometext Link text: sometext My requirement is same: searching to sometext will find page (the original), because link text is sometext (not becuase of anchor ID or link 'URL'). But page is missing from the result. I don't understand why. (question) I hope the situation is clear.
I know, the anchor ID is not indexed. (And also all other macro paramaters or macro generated outputs are not indexed.)
Thanks, but I've already read this page before my question.
I was having a similar issue in 5.10 but rebuilding the content index fixed the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.