It seems that if you are using Atlassian products for more than just fun (with lots of teams and products) you are forced to have to modify files in the installation directory, like adding some jar files, or modifying different configuration files (properties or xml ones).
I am looking for a way that would be similar to using patch queues for applying these changes again on a new version. I do not have the time to manually cherry pick the changes each times, especially that each products does have about a dozen of releases each year.
So far I was using a home grown upgrade script that was keeping the modified files on upgrades, but the number of exceptions started to grow and I am sure that sooner of later I will end-up with missing some new changes on one of these files.
Due to this I suspect that something following the model of a patch queue would be more suitable in this case.
Is anyone using something like this successfully?