Hi there,
Having defined a "Select List (cascading)" custom field, it took me some time to work out the best way to import a large amount of data to these fields (soltuion: Script Runner). Happy with the import, I was surprised to find that the it is only possible to select one (pair) value.
The custom field's description is "Choose multiple values from two select lists", so I don't think it was unreasonable to expect that it behave in a similar manner to "Select List (multiple choice)", which has the description "Choose multiple values in a select list".
I was lead to believe that it would be possible to re-use the paired-select lists multiple times on a given issue, selecting and removing options (or rather option pairs)
E.g. Favourite Soccer Teams:
[Leagues][v] > [Teams][v]
Selected:
- English Premier League > Arsenal (x)
- English Premier League > Liverpool (x)
- Spanish La Liga > Real Madrid (x)
The user experience when viewing and removing could, for instance, have been similar to the 'Labels' custom field.
If this field is not capable of what the description lead me to believe, JIRA should alter the field's description to make it clearer.
Is there a way I can achieve what I wanted to?
Thanks