Dear all,
Why in some space, there is no admin account in permission, but he still can upload/add attachments? Thanks.
Permission
admin can do create/ edit page
Hi @Anderson Hsu.I hope you are well.
Are you referring to a user part of the confluence-administrators group or a user that was given the Confluence administrator Global Permission?
I would recommend checking the following product documentation articles as (with the limited information on your instance's configuration) I believe this is related to how Confluence operates:
The most likely case here is that the admin account you are referring to is part of the confluence-administrators group, which can be seen as a root user on Confluence.
More recent versions of Confluence has the Inspect Permissions feature that may help you identifying who has access to what.
Kind regards,Thiago Masutti
Hi @Anderson Hsu
I think the admin might be a member of "confluence-users" group, which have Attachments "Add" permissions, so the admin is able to create attachments. I hope that is the case here.
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for.
In the permissions you've showed that the group confluence-users can edit pages and add attachments. So everyone belonging to that group should be able to do so.
You're wondering now why an admin account can also do it, right? I'd assume the admin account also belongs to the confluence-users group, right?
Does that solve your problem?
Cheers,Matthias.
Hi Matthias,
No, admin is not in confluence-users group, so I found it's strange.
Hi Thiago,
Thanks, you are right, use Inspect permissions can get assigned account permission, but why it's different with space permission setting?
The answer might be in the documents I shared with you in the original comment, so I strongly recommend checking them out.
Please check if the mentioned user is part of the confluence-administrator default group as that might be giving the permissions, even when it is not part of the space permissions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.