It's come to my attention that Confluence isn't sending emails when users are tagged on a particular page. I've checked the outgoing mail settings and everything seems to be configured properly. The version is Data Center 7.3.5 -- am I missing something somewhere? I thought this was just defaulted on.
Hi @Travis Alexander [Admin]
Welcome to the Community!!
May I know when you refer as tag, are you specifying the user being added as watcher or page being saved and watcher is not getting any notification?
Let me know
It depends on user profile settings as well whether the user gets notification for page updates
Please check with all the users in your space/page
Thanks,Pramodh
HI Pramodh.
I am referring to when the user is tagged with an "@" on the page. Not necessarily being added as a watcher.
None of the user settings seem to apply. See screenshot. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Travis
@Travis Alexander [Admin]
Can you please check maybe this is the scenario?
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-26289
Did you check the mail queue?
Please check the outgoing mail logs once and let me know if you find any errors?
Thanks
I've got nothing in the mail queue and nothing in the error queue! I am able to send a test email using the configured mail server.
Do the users that are tagged have access to the page? If not, they will not get notified.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.