I have a epic and is linked to many issues, i want to get a pie chart view on the status of those linked issues
Hi @ankit nangia Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Just to confirm on your needs, are you looking for a way to create a graph for the status of "Issues in Epic" of a specific Epic or is it something different?
Kind regards,Thiago Masutti
@ankit nangia
This is only possible with Advanced JQL Plugins which offer subqueries
Some examples here are
Scriptrunner which offers linked issues searching function --> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
JQL Search Extensions --> https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214791/jql-search-extensions-for-jira-the-jql-extensions?tab=overview&hosting=cloud
Please explore and decide if you need to move ahead with the plugin
Thanks,Pramodh
Yes I need to create a pie chart for the status of "issues in epic"
Sorry I am not allowed to add plugins
Great. If that's the issue, then we can do that with out-of-the-box tools.
I will soon reply with some steps and you let us know if that helps you.
In my example I have Epic SCRUM1-24 with a few Issues in epic linked.
Using the Epic Link custom field, I can create a JQL to search for those issues.
With that, I can save the search as a filter for subsequent usage on a Dashboard or on a Confluence page.
Here's the example of using this filter within a pie chart.
If I want to show something similar within a Confluence page, then I can use the Jira Chart Macro.
I hope that was what you were looking for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.