Hello Community,
I am using the "/search" endpoint to search for issues and also get transitions.
API 1: `https://my-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?expand=transitions,transitions.fields&fields=*all`
API 2: `https://my-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/{id}/transitions?expand=transitions.fields`
By comparing these 2 responses, we noticed, that in the 2nd response "fields" field is coming and in the 1st response it is not coming.
Any reason for that?
Hi @hp
You need to expand the first API in order to get more detail
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/intro/#expansion
Let me know if you have any queries
Thanks,Pramodh
@Pramodh M Thank you for the reply.
I want fields in transitions. As you can see in API 1: "https://my-domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?expand=transitions,transitions.fields&fields=*all".
I am expanding transitions and then expanding fields in transitions, transitions.fields. But it is not working.
You've expanded it but you're adding an invalid value transitions.fields which is not part of the available options in search issue endpoint for expand parameter for your API 1. So that should explain why something is going wrong there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.