In a next-gen project in Jira Cloud...
I have "Due Date" as a field on all issue types. I have one workflow shared by all issue types.
I want it to work like: before transitioning from "To Do" to "In Progress," the issue must have a Due Date.
I did some research and it seems like a rule on a transition is the perfect thing. I would add a rule > "Check an issue's field" > select "Due Date" > check that its value is not empty.
However, the "Due Date" field is not available as an option, in the drop-down list of fields, when I create a transition rule like "Check an issue's field." Nor is it available on a transition rule like "Update an issue field." Why? Is there something I can do to make it available there?
And/or, is there another way to accomplish what I want?