Guys,
Has anyone tried the DR solution in the URL below:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/disaster-recovery-guide-for-jira-692782022.html
Thanks.
Jason Du
Hi @dujas
I have tried it with Postgres Binary Replication for BB Data Center and Jira Software DC
May I know where exactly you are looking for support?
Let me know
Thanks
Hi Pramodh,
Thanks for the reply.
I am using Postgresql 12.9 as the database for the JSM and would like to deploy a DR. In the URL I pasted, it mentioned using binary replication for PGL, does it mean streaming replication or logical replication? As the link it referred to is PGL 9.0.
Besides, in the DR guide step 1, it says "Configure the system to attach to the standby database." and there is a warning saying that DO NOT start jira, does this mean I have to prepare the dbconfig.xml on my own and do not run the initialization of JSM?
hi @Pramodh M
May I know if there is any update regarding my last request? Appreciate for that.
Jason
I followed this guide to setup binary replication for DB with help of the DB Team and I feel you should do the same
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Binary_Replication_Tutorial
For Jira, it's pretty simple, and please find the Doc here
Note that, once you have set up the DR mode, you should do this in the test instance first and try to recover the instance for the drill test.
Thanks,Pramodh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.