Is it possible to get pages body content in wiki format instead of storage? Similar to the POST/PUT methods but for GET requests?
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/#convert-wiki-markup-to-storage-format
Hi @jpablobr
Welcome to the Community!!
I believe you can get the wiki format from the body object in API
Thanks
Hi @Pramodh M
Based on what I've seen that's only possible on POST request, that screenshot is from the `POST /wiki/rest/api/contentbody/convert/{to}` documentation, right?
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content-body/#api-wiki-rest-api-contentbody-convert-to-post
That `representation` parameter is what I would have liked to also be available in the `GET /wiki/rest/api/content` request.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/api-group-content/#api-wiki-rest-api-content-get
But not sure if there's a different API end-point that could allow this?
Ideally, what I want is this:
1. Get page content (in wiki format) via a GET request to the API.
2. Modify content locally (in wiki format).
3. Update Confluence site by sending modified page body (in wiki format) via a POST request to the API (this I'm already able to do).
Thanks for the help!
@jpablobr
You can get the content in HTML and convert it to Wiki.
Check out this post:
Post HTML Issue Description with JIRA REST API v3 - Jira Development / Jira Cloud - The Atlassian Developer Community
I did something similar in my case and it worked perfectly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.