Trying to setup Bitbucket Server behind an IIS reverse proxy and running into some trouble. I've updated my bitbucket.properties file with "server.port=8443" per the instructions here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/secure-bitbucket-with-tomcat-using-ssl-776640127.html
But when I run start-bitbucket.bat to test, I see "starting server on port 7990."
Why is the server.port setting having no effect?
Bitbucket Server 6.2.0
Hi @Bob Rzadzki ,
first of all check if you're managing bitbucket.properties file in the correct path BITBUCKET_HOME_FOLDER/shared/bitbucket.properties (read here)
Please verify that you correctly restarted the application.
For a reverse proxy configuration I know that there are two different ports, one for the application and one for the reverse proxy.
Here an example of my current configuration :
server.port=7990server.context-path=/bitbucketserver.proxy-name=YOUR_PROXY_NAME_EXAMPLE_mydomain.comserver.proxy-port=8443server.scheme=httpsserver.secure=true
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Hi Fabio, thanks for your help.
The "find your home directory" link in the page you sent is dead, unfortunately. I am editing the bitbucket.properties file in the directory referred to in set-bitbucket-home.bat; that should be the right one, correct?
I tried the config you provided, with my proxy's hostname, and there's no change in the behavior.
Fabio, I had to iterate through some other options but it's working now. Thank you for your help, that got me on the right track.
I'm happy for that @Bob Rzadzki !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.