I have a local domain. There is a server for "active directory" and another one for "jira and confluence". Now I access them using localIP:portNumber. I want to use a url like "jira.domain.com" without port number. First I tried to setup an IIS service and add jira and confluence index to it. Unfortunately it doesn's work because of multi service running at same time error.
Any Idea?
I used this documentation to accomplish what you describe: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+Confluence+and+JIRA+Together.
Basic answer is you need some proxy or rewrite to take http://yourserver/jiraand http://yourserver/confluence(or whatever) and present them to the outside world while actually talking to the ip-address:port
You probably need to work through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+IISif you're wedded to IIS as a front end (Or use Apache, which is more simple, more powerful and faster than IIS. Or nginx or lightppd for really simple configs)
Hello Nic,
I have the same issue. However, I do have a proxy already in place. My network manager told me that I need a dns. How would I create a dns for my confluence installation? It is installed on CentOS?
DNS is "domain name service", which maps a name on to an ip address. For example, if your server is on 192.168.4.88, but you want to use http://myserver to reach it, you will need an entry in your DNS services to map that name on to the address.
That's something your network administrators will need to do for you - add the mapping record into your network's DNS service.
Thank you Nic. I relayed your words to our Platform As a Service Vendor. Also, simultaneously my Manager decided that she wants Confluence to be internal only.
Below is the answer I received from the vendor.
"Since the URL will be accessible only from within the network then the redirection needs to be made on the web server. The Jira guy should do it. Internal web binding are made within the web server. "
"Since the URL will be accessible only from within the network then the redirection needs to be made on the web server. The Jira guy should do it.
Internal web binding are made within the web server. "
Is this something you can help me understand how to accomplish?
Link is dead now..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.