I clicked for a single question to watch it and now I am getting email notifications for all the new questions. How can I turn off watching completely in Confluence Answers until this gets fixed?
Look under Topics (just beside Questions) and unwatch the topics you are currently watching.
Thanks, I will search through the list to see if I can find one. What is confusing me is I did not turn on topic (label) watching because 99% of them do not make any sense without the ability of combining more than one topic and that is not possible.
Maybe this issue is somehow related to when I was giving feedback on the test system. I really just requested to watch a single question.
ahhh, blissful email notification silence! :>)
Here is the issue tracking this issue.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1316
Here is slightly more detail on how I applied Udo's answer that I wrote into the reported issue.
Look at one of the questions and see what topics are associated with it. Unfortunately you cannot search for them since the watch link is not displayed. Manually scan the unordered list to find those topics and see if they display the unwatched link.
Also if you see a popup asking you to watch it, answer NO! :>)
One more thing, please give Udo's answer the upvote if this answer helps you.
I looked at all the topics using this link: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/topics I clicked 'Unwatch' wherever it appeared next to a topic.
that is correct, but how many show more did you need to do to find them all? If you are lucky they are near the top, but that is not guaranteed at the moment.
I just went to that page and used my brower's search to find 'Unwatch', and clicked each occurrence. So far, no more emails have showed up, so time will tell if I got them all.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.