Hello.
https://ja.confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-set-file-system-permissions-for-confluence-986879252.html
sudo chmod -R u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx <confluence-install-folder> sudo chmod -R u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx <confluence-home-folder>
I think reading that document, it looks like you are granting execute permission to all files.When executing an application, it is sufficient for the file to have reference permissions, but why grant execution permissions?It would be great if you could tell me why.
Thank you.
Hi @nwolg
Script files, class files are present which are necessary to start the application in the installation folder require execute permission. This is the reason execute permission is provided to the installation directory
(Example: start-confluence.sh)
I found a helpful article here to know why we need execute permission to home directory
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/21251/execute-vs-read-bit-how-do-directory-permissions-in-linux-work
Thanks
Because most of the install is executable files so they need permission to run, and so are bits of the data, and the executable permission also grants access to directories.
I understand the need for execution permissions to be granted to directories.However, I don't understand why the -R option should grant execute permission to all files in that directory migration.Does README.txt or server.xml need to have execute permission?
I understand the need for execution permissions to be granted to directories.However, I don't understand that the -R option requires that all files in that directory migration be granted execution rights.Does README.txt or server.xml need to have execute permission?Shouldn't they be the only files that need execute permission?
Note that if you use the installer, the ".sh" file will have been given execution permissions beforehand.I don't understand why you would dare to grant execution permission to any other file.
I do not understand the need for the "-R" option in that command.I think the scope of influence is too large.
I think it is important to understand what that doc is about - it's giving you a quick fix for permissions after you've messed up your installation by messing with file permissions (either by running as the wrong user or making unneccesary changes to them directly)
Could you explain why you are hung up on execute permissions for non-executable files?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.