Is it possible to disable the Invitation-Feature of Confluence >= 4.2 ? I didn't found anything in the docs:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+and+Inviting+Users
Hi Niels,
I reasearched on this and it looks like there isn't a straightforward way of achieving that, you can disable the Invite Feature by disabling the Mail Server, not sure if that's a option for you.
Cheers,WZ
You can disable Confluence Easy-User Admin Plugin from the Plugin Manager.
We are using 4.3.7 and even by disabling the "Confluence Easy-User Admin" plugin, new registred users receive this kind of notification:
-----------
Hi XXXXXX, Join me and the rest of the team on XXXXXXX Wiki! It's the one place to create, share, discuss and store ideas, projects and documents. You'll send less email, have fewer meetings, and get more done. Your account has already been created, and your username is XXXXXX.
------------
How to disable this kind of notification please?
Regards
Hi all,
We are also using Confluence 4.3.7 and are impacted by these unsolicited e-mail notifications. Actually, a lot of our users complained about that!
Could you please indicate how to turn off these notifications ? We checked the Confluence Admin but couldn't find anything.
In the worst case scenario will have to block the outgoing notifications at the SMTP server level, but this is clearly not the easiest and most flexible solution.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Best regards,
Alexboss 8)
If you disable the entire module you'll get "strange" labels on two tabs in ADMIN > Users menu instead of invisible tabs:
"Invite Users" -> "browseusers.invite.tab.name"
"User Signup Options" -> "browseusers.signup.tab.name"
So not all traces of this "easy user mgmt." module get disabled. Any idea?
I´m using JIRA cloud and I've "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - One Click Invite" addon as a system addon that enables the feature, but I can't disable it!
Anyone knows how can I do to deactivate this functionality?
invite addon.png
Thanks!!!
No, we need those mail notifications. But thanks for the idea.
What do you mean by that? Disabling the WebItem by disabling the corresponding module of some plugin - well that should be enough ;-)
Ah, now I understand. The name of the plugin is "Confluence Easy-User Admin". Weird. One could disable the whole plugin or just the "Add Users Button" module.
Disabling the plugin will disable the feature completely while disabling the "Add Users Button" module will only disable that specific feature. The choice is yours
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.