Hi all,
I've spent all day trying to get this working, and I'm at the tearing-out-hair stage. I hope someone who's done this can help out.
I've followed the Atlassian instructions, and purchased a certificate from GoDaddy. The infobox (on that linked page) about PKCS12 format caused nothing but hours of grief, but the Tomcat instructions from GoDaddy seemed to work fine, and I had a keystore that seemed to have three certificates in it.
Making the changes in server.xml (as per the Atlassian instructions) caused no errors, and there are mentions in the log about "Initializing ProtocolHandler http-bio-443", so it seems to know to start listening on that port.
Feb 16, 2015 2:47:12 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8090"]
Feb 16, 2015 2:47:12 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-443"]
Indeed, running s_client shows a successful initial connection (yay!), followed by an error (boo):
jurgen@xx:~$ openssl s_client -connect wiki.xx.xx:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
43062
14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure:/SourceCache/OpenSSL098/OpenSSL098-52.10.1/src/ssl/s23_clnt.c:593:
Running sslscan shows all SSLv2 connections "Rejected", all SSLv3 connections "Failed", and all TLSv1 connections "Rejected".
I'm at a loss of what to do next. What other information can I provide? Is there anything else I can try here?