Readers of my Confluence pages cannot click on the thumbnails within the gallery. They can only do it after clicking Edit first. How do I get it to where they can access the thumbnails without having editing access?
TIA
@Dylan Unrein can you share a little more information? What are you using to create the gallery? Can you share a screenshot of the issue? Are you on server or cloud?
@Brant Schroeder I use pictures to create the gallery and then populate the gallery with attached pictures. Once those are in the gallery, I delete the pictures.
I believe I'm on cloud. I don't think a screenshot will help as it would just show an arrow cursor over my gallery instead of the hand cursor
Hopefully that answers your questions. Thank you for your help.
@Dylan Unrein Are you deleting the image off of the page once you add it to the Gallery? If so that is what is causing the issue. The image still needs to be attached to the page even if it is added to the gallery.
The problem with keeping the images on the page is that for each revision, it will cause an error of the picture and confuse my page viewers. If I have to keep the images on the page, can I hide them or a section of the page where the images will be?
@Brant Schroeder
This is happening for me as well, and all the images are attached to the page that is using the Gallery insert.
For me, I have multiple Galleries on the page but images are grouped using labels on the image properties. When I click the "Publish" button after I'm done editing and the page is out of Edit mode, the Gallery behaves properly (at least at this initial post-publish state) — clicking on the thumbnail displays the zoomed in image and slideshow controls.
Any time after this, though, going to the same page results in the Gallery thumbnails not being clickable at all. There is no cursor change on hover of the thumbnails and clicking does nothing.
Are you on server or cloud?
Cloud.
Let me see if I can recreate the issue.
@Dylan Unrein - Thanks for providing the solution that Atlassian advised you on. "After getting help from Atlassian, they suggested to add the Attachments Macro at the bottom of the page. They also suggested that instead of inserting files/pictures while editing, insert the attachments with the 3 dots in the upper RH corner, then clicking Attachments. This has worked for me."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.