Hello,
I'm reorganising our Confluence site, and moved several "sections" from other spaces into the same new space. Each "section" was a parent page with child pages on several different levels.
Unfortunately, at the time I didn't realise that some of these sections contained child pages with the same name as a page in another section. Since they were previously in different spaces, that hadn't mattered.
Rather than warning me, it seems Confluence has decided (in each of several cases) to replace the page I moved first - the original page - with a copy / image of the page I moved later. The page shows up in both positions in the page tree, but clicking either of them takes me to the page that was moved later.
Where have the original pages gone? They don't show up in the page edit history as a change. They're not in the trash, and aren't hiding under "root" level in either the original space or the new one.
Have they simply been irretrievably overwritten? I'd rather not have to try to restore these from backup if at all possible.
I'm going to raise a support issue too, as I think that there should at least have been a warning about this when trying to move the pages, but wondered if anybody else had encountered this and knew what to do about it.
Thanks,
Richard